Chances are that if you found this post, you are not happy with things. Maybe your job sucks, maybe your your home life sucks, maybe the relationship you are in sucks. Or maybe your life actually does suck!
I can speak from first hand experience when I say that life can suck, but it doesn’t have to. There is no doubt that life can be hard and often overly complicated. That’s normal. What’s not normal is thinking that there is no way out. When you’re knee deep in shit in your life, it may seem like there is little to look forward to.
If you’re at that point in your life right now and looking for confirmation, here are some of the best “Life Sucks” quotes I’ve found.
- “If the world didn’t suck, we’d fall off” Unknown
- “The life of man [is] solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short” Thomas Hobbes
- “Life is a shit sandwich. But if you’ve got enough bread, you don’t taste the shit” Jonathan Winters
- “Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable”Woody Allen
- “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation”Henry David Thoreau
- “You fall out of your mother’s womb, you crawl across open country under fire, and drop into your grave”Quentin Crisp
- “Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them”Walter Kerr
- “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways”Stephen Vincent Benet
- “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us”Calvin
- “Life is an incurable Disease” Abraham Cowley
- “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything” Tyler Durden
- “It is not true that life is one damn thing after another…It’s one damn thing over and over”Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry”Ernest Hemingway
- “It is a most mortifying reflection for a man to consider what he has done, compared to what he might have done”Samuel Johnson
- “Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove” Ashleigh Brilliant
- “The world is a grindstone and life is your nose” Fred Allen
- “Life is little more than a loan shark: It exacts a very high rate of interest for the few pleasures it concedes” Luigi Pirandello
- “The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race”Don Marquis
- “Although it is a gloomy view to suppose that life will die out, sometimes when I contemplate the things that people do with their lives I think it is almost a consolation”Bertrand Russell
- Death is life’s way of telling you you’re fired”Unknown
- “Science may have found a cure for most evils, but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all — the apathy of human beings”Helen Keller
- “Humanity is composed but of two categories, the invalids and the nurses”Richard Sheridan
- “Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful that it happens in that order”David Gerrold
- “Life is like an onion; you peel off layer after layer and then you find there is nothing in it” James Gibbons Huneker
- “Maybe this world is another planet’s hell”Aldous Huxley
- “It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others”Unknown
Now, if you don’t feel lousy after reading this, then I simply don’t know what else to do….
If you’ve had your fill of negativity, why not check out 50 Live Life To The Fullest Quotes? It just might actually might make you feel good!! Imagine that…
If you want to learn about how I am digging my way out of my soul crushing job in my attempt to stop my life from sucking, sign up for my free newsletter HERE. In addition, I will be sending out one email per month with great quotes, so sign up already!!
p.s. This post gets a lot of visitors and very few comments. So take a second and let me know if you found what you were looking for here!